Places to visit in Hampshire
3rd June 2019
Places to visit in Hampshire
With the Summer holidays coming up we thought we’d create an easy ‘go to’ blog where you can find some interesting and exciting places to go or things to do in Hampshire!
- Marwell Zoo
- Don’t miss out on the world exclusive BRICKOSAURS! Boasting up to 50 life-like Lego sculptures, make your own Lego brick creations, a free trail map & a few surprises.
- Or you can visit Marwell to run around the Adventure Playgrounds, hop on the free Road Train, family friendly food or bring your picnic and of course for the amazing Wildlife.
- You can even make it a short break & stay the night at the Marwell Hotel which is situated directly opposite the Zoo. https://www.marwell.org.uk/zoo/
- Winchester Cathedral
- The incredibly beautiful medieval Winchester Cathedral welcomes 300,000 visitors annually, providing a look into captivating history and the magnificent architecture. You can also visit the Cathedral Shop, boasting unique gifts & souvenirs which are inspired by the life, history and treasures of the Cathedral. To top of your visit you can pop along to the Cathedral Refectory for coffee, lunch or afternoon tea.
- Take a look at the ‘What’s on’ page to see the exhibitions, concerts, tours or festivals! https://www.winchester-cathedral.org.uk/whats-on/
- Paultons Park
- The family theme park with over 70 exciting rides and attractions to enjoy, not forgetting that it is home to the UK exclusive Peppa Pig World! Featuring 9 Peppa-themed rides, a large indoor Playzone and even muddy puddles to jump in! Or even pop into the ‘Lost Kingdom’ to see the Jurassic land featuring the Velociraptor coaster and lifelike moving Dinosaurs.
- Click here to take a look at tickets and pricing - https://paultonspark.co.uk/tickets/
- Jane Austen’s House Museum
- This stunning country cottage is where Jane wrote, revised and had published her novels, including the timeless ‘Pride and Prejudice’. https://www.jane-austens-house-museum.org.uk/
- Your visit can be on your own time too, as you can spend the day there or simply as long as you like to soak in some history & knowledge. You can bring your own picnic to enjoy in the Museum garden or the neighbouring parkland, alternately pop into the village and visit Cassandra’s Cup, The Old Kitchen Tearoom at Chawton House or The Greyfriar Pub.
- Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium
- They are an independent educational charity, we are dedicated to sparking curiosity in children and helping families to experience the wonderful world of science and technology. We deliver the perfect balance between having fun and building knowledge through the highly interactive experience we offer.
- You can also check out the ‘What’s on’ info page, where they give you further details on Planetarium Shows - https://www.winchestersciencecentre.org/your-visit/whats-on/
- The Planetarium is CLOSED between the 03.06.2019 – 23.06.19 for a complete system upgrade, so please give them a call if you needed any further details about this closure.
We hope you enjoy taking a look at just a few of the exciting places that you can visit in Hampshire & if you do go along to any of them mentioned above please do leave a comment and let us know how you enjoyed it!