Delivery - Furniture
Hampshire Furniture is committed to providing you with an efficient and secure delivery service. Free delivery is included to most addresses on the UK mainland. Orders are delivered to your front door (kerbside), or a downstairs room of choice, by our friendly and professional one-man Furniture delivery service. Most items of furniture will be delivered fully assembled, with the exception of some pieces with fragile parts.
Our free delivery service is available to most mainland addresses in England, Wales and Scotland and applies to our standard 14-day delivery service only.
Unfortunately, due to additional courier charges, a surcharge of £60 applies o the following postcode areas in Scotland for some, but not all orders
AB, DD, IV 1-28, 30-32, 36, 40-49, 52-56, 63, KW 1-3, 5-14, PA 21-38,PH 1-26, 30-41, 49-50
A surcharge of £30 applies to some (but not all) orders in the following postcode areas in England, Scotland, and Wales for some orders
Scotland: EH, DG, FK, G, KA 1-26, 29, 30, KY, ML, PA 1-19, TD
Wales: LL, LD, SY16-20, 23-25, SA, CF, NP
England: NE, CA
We do not charge extra for deliveries to Central London.
We currently are generally unable to arrange any delivery outside mainland UK, as we cannot find any delivery companies to do it for us. We do allow collection from our Showroom in Hampshire for Isle of White customers who can arrange their own collection. However there are a few exceptions to this, so you are welcome to contact us to ask if it is possible. However, there may be an additional charge for this. If there is any problem with a delivery, this has to be dealt with by the receiver, and we as the sender, find the receiver will expect us to deal with it. Unfortunately, the insurance on the delivery is for the receiver and not the sender, and for this reason, we are unable to deal with any claim.
However, if you were able to arrange collection and delivery yourself it could be arranged on this basis.
We know that you’re eager to receive your new furniture, which is why we seek to ensure your goods are with you as soon as possible. Items that are in stock will be delivered within two weeks. Any items that are out of stock or made to order will have a longer lead time. Detailed information about an item's lead time is available on the product page.
The courier company will contact you directly to confirm the exact delivery date with you. Deliveries are normally Monday to Friday. Weekend deliveries on occasion due occur but are not automatically available. The courier company should contact you to arrange delivery of your order 2-3 days in advance, with a 2-3 hour delivery slot. Please ensure that you provide a mobile phone number when ordering, so our courier company can contact you to schedule the delivery. Delivery updates on your order may also be available from the courier company, so please provide a mobile number if possible.
It is essential that someone is available to accept the products on the agreed delivery date as items cannot be left with a neighbour or in a garden shed. In order for us to continue offering this free service to our customers, we need to keep costs low. As a result, we can only make one attempt at delivery. If you are unable to accept your items on the first attempt, a second delivery charge will be levied.
If you would like your furniture to be delivered sooner than the standard 14-day service, we can arrange faster delivery service for you at an extra cost. Please contact us for a quote before ordering. Some of our furniture can be delivered on a 7 working day service as standard if in stock.
- Please note that our shipping company insurance policy only covers delivery to your door and does not extend to moving furniture upstairs or inside the property. While our friendly drivers will be of assistance wherever possible, and will normally take your furniture into your downstairs room of choice, (for an additional charge) we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused.
- The majority of deliveries are one-man deliveries. The couriers we use are experienced furniture courier companies who are equipped to handle bulky items. However, please be aware that the driver may require assistance if access to your property is particularly difficult or is only accessible by stairs. If you feel it should be a two-man delivery, there is an extra cost of the extra person. If it is available with the furniture you have ordered, it will be included with the collection, please add this to your cart.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that items delivered by our courier will fit through any access ways into or inside your property. Whilst we'll do our best to help, neither Hampshire Furniture or our courier can be held responsible for any access issues at your property.
- The standard, free 14-day delivery service does not include unpacking or assembly (partial assembly applies to some larger items only, for ease of transport and access). If you require these additional services, please contact us for a quote.
- In the unlikely event that you need to return an item, please note that furniture must be returned to us in a saleable condition and within the original packaging, in the condition, they were provided. When unpacking your furniture, please, therefore, ensure that you un-wrap the furniture carefully to protect the packaging.
- Please note that if a delivery is confirmed and the delivery is missed due to no-one being available as agreed to accept the delivery, and the delivery company makes an additional charge. We will have to pass the charge onto you, prior to the delivery being attempted for the second time. If you choose to cancel the order instead, we will have the right to deduct the original delivery charge from your refund.
- On rare occasions, items may occasionally be delivered on a pallet. Pallets are only delivered kerbside, so please ensure that you make prior arrangements to move the furniture indoors.
- Two-man delivery may be available at an additional cost. These can be added to your order and paid for by going to the "Xtras" page. We reserve the right to refuse to arrange a two-man delivery if payment has not been made if full. Please contact us if you are unsure of how which charges to add to your order.
Delivery - Non - Furniture
Items that are ordered from our Medstead shop are available for "click & collect" from our Gift Shop, or charged according to weight with the following options:
We don't use the cheapest delivery service as we think it important that you receive your package.
Charges for these products are currently
- ROYAL MAIL 1st Class Large Letter + 0.10 kg for £1.75
- ROYAL MAIL 2nd Class Signed For 0.20 kg to 2 kg for £4.50
- ROYAL MAIL 1st Class Signed For up to 2 kg for £7.50
- PARCEL FORCE/COURIER Standard 2 kg to 30 kg for £9.95
- PARCEL FORCE/COURIER Express 2 kg to 30 kg for £14.50
We will send you an email when your order is ready for collection, or when it is sent.